Selection of a great career is a challenging task and if you successfully choose a suitable career for you then it should satisfy your emotional and financial needs. The meaning of great can differ for two different persons because each individual has his/her own preferences. Selection of a suitable career requires a lot of time, much thoughts, diligence and calculating approach. In order to choose a suitable career you must have decision making ability to take suitable decision about your career. Selection of great career can become very easy by following these simple tips and these tips are especially very important for college students.
- Before choosing any career you should analyze that what you love to do and make a list of all things which you can do with joy like sales, politics, marketing, video games or web designing. Identify your passion and make it sure either it can be possible to adopt it as career or not. If your chosen career has no zest and you are likely to engage in career hopping then generally you are doing an unproductive trait.
- Always remember that your desired career should be a compatible blend of your education, skills, interests and personality. Before selection of career self-assessment is a great idea to identify preliminary place for your career search. Spend some time to jot down your likes, dislikes and preferences on a paper.
- With the help of list conduct a research and evaluate all options. Brainstorm about various jobs that can match your likeness and try to gather job descriptions for these jobs. Evaluate yourself with the help of these job descriptions and examine your education and experience according to job requirements.
- Analyze yourself with the help of SWOT analysis like strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats. If solitary working environment is more suitable for you and you can create more productive results while working alone then a career that has lot of teamwork is not suitable for you. Write your areas of proficiencies and lacking like you are good in mathematics but lacking in English then math is your strength and English is your weakness. Now it is your own choice either your want to emphasize on your strengths or tries to improve your weaknesses.
- Acknowledge your personal values before selection of career because you should choose a career that must have balance with your personal life to run the risk of burnout. If you have small children and you want to commence your career without having worry about daycare then you should select a job that allows you to spend most of your time at home.
- Before selecting any career consider how much money you would like to earn and if your selection cannot facilitates you or don’t have ability to release your financial stress then your selection is wrong. In other case if you are earning your desired income but don’t enjoy your job then you may feel emotional stress in near future. Therefore you should make realistic budgets and select a career rationally that will furnished your financial needs and personal satisfaction.
- You should also think about your educational requirements and consider if you would like further education in near future. You should consider your budgets and necessary funds required in near future for further studies. If progress requirements of your chosen career is more education then you should go back to school otherwise stick to your career with current education range.
- If promotions have great attractions for you then choose such career that provides maximum room to you for growth. Make it sure that your selected career should satisfy your mental and physical needs like if too much typing or weight-lifting causes physical problems for you then avoid from such careers.